Providing a safe, secure and supportive environment for all and particularly for children and young people to grow, learn and be cared for is a fundamental concern of Christ Community Church. We meet this concern by adhering to our Child Protection Policy.
With God’s help, we purpose to partner with parents to share the Gospel with youth and grow Young Disciples who honour God in all of their lives, serve as part of their church community and reach out to others.
We desire to see them increasingly live to enjoy and declare the wonders of God’s grace in Christ for the good of Brisbane, Australia and the World.
Therefore our core values are:
- Partnering with parents (and the wider church community) to shepherd the hearts of their children (Psalm 145:4, Ephesians 6:1-4).
- Sharing the Gospel (the good news about Jesus’ death and resurrection) and all of God’s Word, the Bible, for everything we need for life and godliness (Romans 1:16-17, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:3).
- Growing Young Disciples, in the context of life-on-life relationships between leaders and young people, establishing and equipping them for a lifetime following Jesus (Matthew 28:18-20, 1 Thessalonians 2:7-8)
- Honouring God in all of life, joyfully following Jesus and practically depending on the Father in prayer (Colossians 3:17, Matthew 16:24-25, John 16:23)
- Authentic Christian Community (both as a peer group and the wider church) (Acts 2:42-47)
- Serving others in ministry as part of their church community (John 13:35, 1 Peter 2:5, 9-10)
- Reaching out to those God has already placed in our lives as we seek Christ’s kingdom (1 Peter 3:15-16, Matthew 6:33)
In essence, our focus is discipleship i.e. investing intentionally in the lives of our church children that they may, in turn, make disciples. We seek to “build up as [we] reach out” (Stewart, 2000). We will endeavour to establish and equip Young Disciples to reach their friends and help them create opportunities for their friends to hear and respond to the Gospel.
University Impact is a non-denominational Christian group ministering to university students in Brisbane. As a ministry of Christ Community Church, our focus is:
Building Christ-centred labourers at the university for the kingdom and glory of God.
Breaking this down further, we are intent on:
Building labourers takes many resources, but the returns on this investment are immeasurable. Our prayer is that students will graduate who are not only equipped to build their careers, but also the Kingdom of God.
at the university
The university campus is a strategic place. Uni students are at the crossroads of life making decisions that will become habits and move out to influence the world. This is an ideal time to challenge them to live according to God’s word.
for the kingdom and glory of God.
Our vision is that trained graduates would provide leadership in every sphere of influence (the church, medicine, community, business, education, missions, etc.) at home and around the world. The ultimate purpose of all creation is to bring attention to God and to glorify Him. We want to enjoy and declare the wonders of God’s grace in Christ for the good of Brisbane, Australia and the World.
Our saviour Jesus modeled life-on-life training with his followers and commanded them to make disciples of all nations. Christ Community Church encourages and seeks to train our members in discipleship. We define life-on-life missional discipleship as: labouring in the lives of a few with the intention of imparting one’s life, the gospel and God’s Word in such a way as to see them become mature and equipped followers of Christ, committed to doing the same in the lives of others. You can register your interest in discipleship at Christ Community here.
We are also helping others in this great task of making disciples. We are a part of a movement in Australia and around the world which is seeking to bring relational and intentional discipleship back into the centre of what churches do. For more information, check out the life-on-life website.