This past Sunday we heard the heart-wrenching story of Titus Bird’s short life. Did you notice how many times Matt and Kisane referred to the Bible as they shared? The truths they knew from God’s word became truths they were living out.
There are many Scriptures that remind us how important and useful God’s word is. Some of my favourites are:
- Your word is a lamp to my feet (Psalm 119:105)
- For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. (Heb 4:12)
- How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. (Psalm 119:9)
- He [Jesus] said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!” (Luke 12:28)
- This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. Psalm 119:50
God’s word doesn’t just teach us the truths necessary for salvation. It calls and shows us how to follow Him through the good and the bad times. Over the coming four weeks we will be teaching on the book of Titus. It is one of the shortest books in the Bible. It takes about 5 minutes to read. Will you consider reading it through every day during this series? If you do, you’ll read it over 20 times! How wonderful to have God’s word hidden deeply in your heart. How might God use His word in and through you?
Grace to you,